NANOMOL has extensive experience and recognized excellence in the synthesis, processing, and study of molecular and polymeric materials with chemical, electronic, magnetic, and biomedical properties. We continuously generate new knowledge in our basic and applied research projects on the micro and nanostructure of molecular materials. We offer this knowledge to improve the properties of products manufactured in different sectors, such as chemical, pharmaceutical, and electronic, thus contributing to increase their added value. As a department, we actively participate in the implementation of nanotechnology and sustainable and economically efficient technologies for the preparation of advanced functional molecular materials. NANOMOL is a member of the Biomedical Research Network (CIBER) in the area of Bioengineering, Biomaterials, and Nanomedicine (CIBER-BNN); and is awarded with the TECNIO seal, which is given to Catalan research groups with high innovative and technology transfer capabilities. We belong to the Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (www.icmab.es), a CSIC research institute. Our facilities are located on the campus of the UAB (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
The candidate will work in the Nano4Rare project (Preclinical development of a nanomedicine candidate for Fabry rare disease treatment to enter clinical phase), funded by the Strategic EIC Transition Challenges program from European Innovation Council.
As a Business Development and Exploitation Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our project towards clinical phases and market entry.
- Collaborate in the creation of a comprehensive business plan, focusing on exploitation strategies.
- Identify market opportunities, evaluate competitors, and ensure effective protection of Intellectual Property (IP).
- Contribute to the establishment of a spin-off to attract investors and facilitate the transition to the clinical phase of a nanomedicine.
- Coordinate licensee agreements between the new spin-off and patent owners of the nanomedicine
- Attracting Investors:Identify and source investment opportunities by reaching out to private investors and venture capital companies.
- Present investment opportunities through various channels, including direct mailings, meetings, formal presentations, and business acceleration services.
- Exploitation Strategy Development: Conduct a study of market frameworks and assess competitive trends to define the optimal strategy for product exploitation.
- Application for Funding Opportunities: Analyze funding strategies, including European and national funding calls, to secure funding for the clinical validation of the product. Explore opportunities, particularly the EIC-Accelerator, to support the clinical phase of the project.
Profile: We are seeking a candidate with a scientific and business/entrepreneurship/innovation background (MSc). The ideal candidate should demonstrate expertise in entrepreneurship, business management, economics, and scientific research.
- Educational background: University Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Materials Science, Biomedicine, or a related field.
- Strong background and understanding of scientific research.
- Demonstrated expertise in business development, entrepreneurship, and innovation in the health area.
- Ability to navigate the intersection of scientific research and business strategies.
- Organized person, proactive, and with good predisposition to teamwork.
- Strong organizational, communication, and coordination skills.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible and changing R&D environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic English and computer skills at user level.
- The contract will be full time.
- Gross annual salary according to agreement.
- Start of contract: as soon as possible.
- Curriculum (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Statement of the applicant's experience
- List of references with contact details
Deadline for submission of applications: the recruitment process will be closed when a suitable candidate is found.