Research Position at the ICMAB on a proof-of-concept project on Autonomous Sensors
- News 15 May 2019 1082 hits
The project is aimed at developing proof of concept autonomous sensors powered by organic thermoelectric generators. These provide power by harvesting energy from small temperature differences available in the environment.
The main tasks of the position are:
Characterization of the energy management circuit of the sensors, both in the lab and under real conditions.
Implementation of a temperature logger, used to classify outdoor locations according to their available temperature differences.
Design and modeling of organic thermoelectric generator prototypes, adapting them to the application-specific requirements.
Manufacture of organic thermoelectric generator prototypes using solution processing.
Characterization of prototypes with regards to performance and long term stability.
Conducting field interviews with industrial partners to define application-specific requirements.
- MSc or equivalent in Electrical engineering, Nanotechnology, Physics, or Materials engineering.
- Good knowledge in electronics.
- Strong interest and knowledge in renewable energies.
- Experience with thermoelectrics.
- Experience with COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Experience with carbon nanotubes and polymers.
- Experience with solution processing and deposition techniques.
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject “Sensoraïm-application” and should include a motivation letter, reference letters and CV.
Application deadline: 31 May, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and asked to introduce their profile at the CSIC bolsa de trabajo (https://www.bolsatrabajo.csic.es/bolsa_trabajo/).
Information: For further information or queries, please contact Dr. Mariano Campoy Quiles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Topics: CLOSED