PhD Thesis Defense by Ashley Black on 16th June at 11:30 am
- News 25 May 2017 1906 hits
Title: "New oxynitride materials with luminescent, magnetic and catalytic properties"
Date: Friday 16th June
Time: 11:30 am
Place: Sala d'Actes Carles Miravitlles - ICMAB
In this thesis we describe the synthesis and luminescent properties of a new family of phosphors for white LED technology, based on orthosilicate β-K2SO4 structure. In particular, the oxynitridosilicates LaMSiO3N (M = Sr, Ba) and Sr2-xLaxSiO4-xNx (0≤x<1) that when doped with Eu2+ or Ce3+ show tuneable luminescence between 500 and 750 nm. In the second section, we extend the AB(O,N)3 oxynitride perovskites to the transition metals Cr and Hf. The antiferromagnetic behaviour of Cr3+/Cr4+ in LnCrO3-xNx (Ln = La, Pr, Nd; 0≤x≤0.59) perovskites.
- Amparo Fuertes, Solid State Chemistry, ICMAB
- President: Regino Saez Puche, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Secretary: José Peral, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Vocal: Ralf Riedel, Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany