Núria Aliaga participates at the "IV Scientific Day" of INS Mercè Rodoreda
- News 19 March 2018 2340 hits
On Friday, 16 March 2018, the secondary school INS Mercè Rodoreda (Hospitalet de Llobregat) celebrated their "IV Scientific Day" (IV Jornada Científica) with scientific activities for their students, from 1st ESO to 2nd BTX. Núria Aliaga, ICREA Research Professor at ICMAB, was one of the invited speakers. She had the big challenge of talking about science to "Arts and Humanities" 3rd and 4th ESO students.
The Physics and Chemistry Department, with the collaboration of the Technology Department, organized this Scientific Day to promote the scientific and technological interest among their students. All the students participated in some activities related to science.
The activities included: watching a scientific film, robotics workshop, scientific gymkhana, "Amazing Science" workshop with Manel Belmonte, "The Big Van Theory" show, water analysis workshop, "blood groups" workshop by Biocomunica't, and the scientific talks with the invited speakers from the academic and the industrial world.
Check out this clip from the "Jornada Científica" at Institut Mercè Rodoreda by Televisió L'Hospitalet (L'H) (Aula 21 març - A fons)
The invited speakers, who were all women, to visualize the role of women in science, were:
Abigail Orus: “I+D, Ibers+Desenvolupament” (Museu i Poblat Ibèric de Ca N’oliver a Cerdanyola del Vallès)
- Rosario Ramón: “The Truth about pharmaceutical companies" (Galenicum Health)
- Federica Beduini: “Descobreix el poder de la llum” (ICFO)
- Laura Morera : “Què tenen en comú una coliflor, un floc de neu i una falguera?” (eXplorium)
- Ma José Esplandiu: “Descubriendo el mundo de la Nanotecnologia” (ICN2)
- Núria Aliaga-Alcalde: “Transistors moleculars: recerca i futures aplicacions" (ICMAB)
Thank you to INS Mercè Rodoreda for organizing this kind of event, and thank you to Núria Aliaga for always willilng to participate in outreach and educational activities for students.