Job offer: Postdoctoral position in Plasmonics at ICMAB!
- News 25 February 2019 1670 hits
We are looking for a photonics expert to participate in the integration of large area and inexpensive photonic architectures (plasmonic structures, photonic crystals, etc.) in optoelectronic devices to boost their performance through exciting photonic properties. Deadline: the sooner the better.
The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB) (www.icmab.es) is an internationally renowned public research institute in Advanced Functional Materials integrated in the National Research Council of Spain (CSIC) with 57 permanent and 90 non-permanent researchers. Its mission is to generate new knowledge in materials science through excellent scientific research useful for society and industry. It has outstanding international competitiveness, with a large number of high impact articles and citations and European research projects participation (10 ERC grantees at present), with the strongest international leadership position in the specific domains of functional molecular, supramolecular and oxide materials.
ICMAB is the only materials science center awarded with the label of Center of Excellence “Severo Ochoa” by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness. The Strategic Research Program includes five mission-oriented Research Lines to face three social grand-challenges: clean and secure energy, smart and sustainable electronics and smart nanomedicine.
We look for a photonics expert to participate in the integration of large area and inexpensive photonic architectures (plasmonic structures, photonic crystals, etc.) in optoelectronic devices to boost their performance through exciting photonic properties. We fabricate photonic crystals and plasmonic arrays using unconventional nanofabrication techniques fully compatible with industrial processes such as soft nanoimprinting lithography. Our photonic architectures cover centimeter areas and exhibit excellent optical quality.
We look for a postdoctoral researcher with experience in:
- Optical setups and optical characterization of plasmonic structures
- Theoretical modelling of the photonic structures via FDTD formalism.
- Sample fabrication and clean room experience.
- Good level of English written and spoken.
We are grateful to all the candidates that show interest in the offer. However, only excellent candidates with proven experience in the above skills will be contacted for an interview.
PI and Further info: Agustín Mihi Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona ICMAB – CSIC Campus UAB, Barcelona (SPAIN)
- Apply with CV and cover letter in Nature Careers: https://www.nature.com/naturecareers/job?id=676629
- Group website: https://departments.icmab.es/nanopto/photonic-architectures-for-light-management/
- Agustín Mihi Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=gBZ89EwAAAAJ&hl=es
- ERC project website: https://projects.icmab.es/enlightment/
Related Topics: POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHERS