Horizon Europe will not reimburse publication fees for hybrid open-access
- News 28 June 2018 1970 hits
This decision is related with the exorbitant prices of the open-access publication fees offered by hybrid journals (which can often exceed 4,000 euros per article) and is justified by the lack of real commitment of these journals to make a real transition to an international open-acess publishing model.
All in all, a quite controversial decision. What do you think?
- EU set to snub hybrid open-access journals by Craig Nicholson (Research Professional)
- All Change: Pre-Prints Count – less support for Hybrids by Najla Rettberg (OpenAIREBlog)
- The worst of both worlds: Hybrid Open Access by Lisa Matthias (OpenAIREBlog): https://blogs.openaire.eu/?p=3431
- COMMISSION STAFF WORKING DOCUMENT (EC)