From nanoscience to space: Xavier Obradors at the inaugural lecture of his highschool in Manresa
- News 13 December 2017 181 hits
The physicists Xavier Obradors, ICMAB Director, and Ignasi Ribas, Director of the Institute of Space Studies of Catalonia (Institut d'Estudis Espacials de Catalunya, IEEC), gave a joint lecture for the celebration of the 90th anniversary of the Institute "Lluís de Peguera" in Manresa (26 October 2017), in which they both went as students. Their dialogue "From nanoscience to space" was followed by an enthusiast audience eager to learn.
Both researchers have many things in common: they are both physicists and directors of prestigious research centers in the UAB Campus. However, one measures distances in the nanoscale, and the other one, measures distances in light years.
The following video is a good approximation to see the different scales, from the nano to the macro:
- Institut Lluís Peguera: Inauguració escolar del curs 2017-2018
- Regió 7: El Peguera fa 90 anys reunint els físics Xavier Obradors i Ignasi Ribas
- NacióManresa: Els físics Obradors i Ribas, inauguren el curs escolar dels 90 anys del Lluís de Peguera
- Regió 7: L'univers i la nanotecnologia es fusionen