Contact DataPhone: + 34 935 801 853
Fax: + 34 935 805 729
Dep: Molecular Nanoscience and Organic Materials
Judith Guasch received her PhD in 2011 working at the Institut de Ciència de Materials (ICMAB-CSIC) in Barcelona (Spain). Afterwards, she carried out postdoctoral research at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (Stuttgart, Germany). Currently, she holds a senior postdoctoral research position at ICMAB-CSIC after being awarded with a TecnioSpring fellowship (Marie Curie Fellow, Cofund – Catalan Government and EU). Since 2017 she is also a head of a Max Planck Partner Group (Dynamic Biomimetics for Cancer Immunotherapy) in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Medical Research (Heidelberg, Germany).
We are focused on the design, synthesis, and fabrication of multifunctional molecular and supramolecular materials for biomedical applications. Special interest is devoted to study the cell-material interaction for improving novel adoptive cell therapies for the treatment of cancer.
Chemistry. 2006, Universitat de Barcelona
Doctorate, University and Year:
PhD in Materials Science (Chemistry). 2011, Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC)
KeywordsSupramolecular assembly, nanostructures, biomimetics, adoptive cell therapy, cancer immunotherapy
Most significative academic merits
• Max Planck Partner Group: “Dynamic Biomimetics for Cancer Immunotherapy”, Max Planck Society (Germany). 02/2017-02/2020.
• Marie Curie Actions - Cofund: “Biomimetic Lymph Nodes for Cancer Immunotherapy (Immuno Dynamics)”, Catalan Government and European Union (Cofund). 03/2016-03/2018.
• Marie Curie Actions - Intra-European Fellowships (IEF): “Orthogonally Functionalized Binary Nanopatterned Polymeric Substrates for T cell activation and proliferation in Cancer Immunotherapy (OFB-SCI)”, European Union (FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IEF; Individual grant). 04/2013-03/2015.
• “A European Award For A Doctoral Thesis on Molecular Magnetism” from the European Institute on Molecular Magnetism for the PhD thesis (2014).
• “St. Jordi’s Awards” from the Institute of Catalan Studies (Catalan Chemical Society) for the MSc thesis and PhD Research Proposal (2009).
IndicatorsNumber Articles: 15 Hfactor: 10
J. Guasch, J. Diemer, H. Riahinezhad, S. Neubauer, H. Kessler, J. P. Spatz. Synthesis of Binary Nanopatterns on Hydrogels for Initiating Cellular Responses. Chem. Mater., 28(6) (2016) 1806-1815.
J. Guasch, B. Conings, S. Neubauer, F. Rechenmacher, K. Ende, C. G. Rolli, C. Kappel, V. Schaufler, A. Micoulet, H. Kessler, H. –G. Boyen, A. E. Cavalcanti-Adam, J. P. Spatz. Segregation versus Colocalization: Orthogonally Functionalized Binary Micropatterned Substrates regulate the Molecular Distribution in Focal Adhesions. Adv. Mater., 27(25) (2015) 3737-3747.
J. Guasch, L. Grisanti, M. Souto, V. Lloveras, J. Vidal-Gancedo, I. Ratera, A. Painelli, C. Rovira, J. Veciana. Intra- and Inter-Molecular Charge-Transfer in Aggregates of Tetrathiafulvalene-Triphenylmethyl Radical Derivatives in Solution. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 135(18) (2013) 6958-6967.
J. Guasch, L. Grisanti, V. Lloveras, J. Vidal-Gancedo, M. Souto, D. C. Morales, M. Vilaseca, C. Sissa, A. Painelli, I. Ratera, C. Rovira, J. Veciana. Induced Self-Assembly of a Tetrathiafulvalene-Based Open-Shell Dyad through Intramolecular Electron Transfer. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51 (2012) 11024–11028.