Bellaterra, 1-2 MAR 2018: ICMAB hosts the 2nd workshop of the HERALD network on Atomic Layer Deposition
HERLALD (Hooking together European Research in Atomic Layer Deposition), a COST Action that aims to structure and integrate European research activity in ALD (Atomic Layer Deposition), organizes the 2nd HERALD.ECI Workshop with hands-on training for "bonding HERALD.ECIs from ideas to proposals", which will be held at ICMAB on 1-2 March 2018.
Deadline for registration: 15 February 2018
So far, over a 150 researchers from academia and industry are taking part in HERALD and we welcome new members. If you would like to take part, please sign up here.
Within HERALD, the ECI (Early Career Investigator) network aims to promote the next generation of young ALD scientists and help to establish themselves as research leaders in the ALD community. If you want to become a member of the HERALD.ECI network, please contact the ECI committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our HERALD.ECI group on LinkedIn. Broadening out the COST definition of ECI, we welcome investigators from within a year of submitting their PhD dissertation to PhD +10 years.
About the HERALD workshop
The main objective of this 2nd HERALD.ECI Workshop with hands-on training is to create an ignition point for competitive proposals resulting in joint, EU-funded research projects under ECI (early career investigator) participation or leadership.
We want the trainees to:
- gain advanced ‘theoretical’ knowledge input on how to write competitive proposals & manage EU-funded projects from an EU funding expert & Horizon 2020 coach through an impulse talk plus interactive proposal clinics.
- find excellent, perfectly matching collaboration/ project partners during a welcome mixer.
- exchange experiences with an excellent (female) ALD expert and with an industry partner.
- transfer the newly gained knowledge into advanced ‘practical’ skills by
developing joint proposal ideas,
transitioning specific ideas into concrete proposal drafts, and
starting to write
together in smaller, matched collaboration/ project groups.
- go home with a raw outline and concrete idea description, i. e. the first step of an actual proposal.
The 2nd HERALD.ECI Workshop is organized by researchers from ICMAB, Ruhr-University Bochum and Technische Universität Dresden:
- Mariona Coll, Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona (ICMAB)
- Jaume Gazquez, Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona (ICMAB)
- Maximilian Gebhard, Ruhr-University Bochum
- Marcel Junige, Technische Universität Dresden.
The online registration is now open until February 15, 2018. Click here for more information.
Related Topics: Conferences and meetings